Many reasons for Denver and Colorado ski resorts to bid for Olympics (letter)
March 6, 2018
Chris: Shame on you for putting down an Olympic bid by Denver for 2030 ("Please don't bring the Winter Olympics to Colorado," Chris Freud, Thursday, March 1).
To even think that 1976 has any relevance to 2018 (or 2030) is ridiculous! We have so many more venues developed in this era that will accommodate such a prestigious event. An opportunity to host the Olympics in our region has valuable positive impact for so many reasons, including:
• Excellent brand recognition by showcasing Colorado and "our region" (to say we do not "need" this is arrogant and irresponsible).
• The honor to host in the U.S. instead of Asia over and over.
• Positive economic impact.
• Opportunity to get additional "workforce housing" developed.
Recommended Stories For You
Instead of being shortsighted and looking for reasons why it would not work, why don't you use a little creativity and a positive approach to finding solutions.
Trending In: Opinion
- In the fight of good versus evil, wouldn’t you rather have a gun for defense? (letter)
- Wolves are killing machines; protect Colorado wildlife by making sure they never come here (letter)
- St. Patrick’s Day reminder: Traffic fatalities in Colorado still largely due to DUI (letter)
- Vail Daily letter: White genocide nearly imminent in South Africa
- Sportsmen support Continental Divide Recreation, Wilderness and Camp Hale Legacy Act (letter)
- Shiffrin says she’ll ‘keep it simple’ next season
- Lindsey Vonn finishes with final podium and sense of YOLO
- Vail, seeking an event to fill beds in May, to partially fund MMA at ice arena
- 8 places to party near Vail on St. Patrick’s Day
- Department of Wildlife: ‘Blast of winter-type weather’ likely led to uptick in mountain lion sightings