Many reasons for Denver and Colorado ski resorts to bid for Olympics (letter)
March 6, 2018
Chris: Shame on you for putting down an Olympic bid by Denver for 2030 ("Please don't bring the Winter Olympics to Colorado," Chris Freud, Thursday, March 1).
To even think that 1976 has any relevance to 2018 (or 2030) is ridiculous! We have so many more venues developed in this era that will accommodate such a prestigious event. An opportunity to host the Olympics in our region has valuable positive impact for so many reasons, including:
• Excellent brand recognition by showcasing Colorado and "our region" (to say we do not "need" this is arrogant and irresponsible).
• The honor to host in the U.S. instead of Asia over and over.
• Positive economic impact.
• Opportunity to get additional "workforce housing" developed.
Recommended Stories For You
Instead of being shortsighted and looking for reasons why it would not work, why don't you use a little creativity and a positive approach to finding solutions.
Trending In: Opinion
- Support clean car standards that protect our citizens, environment (letter)
- Article on Bode Miller’s daughter drowning in poor taste (letter)
- Wissot: Love affair with reality TV produced Donald Trump, our first ‘authentic’ president (column)
- Mark Williams best choice for Congress in the Second District (letter)
- Perhaps wildlife fencing disrupting migration patterns is to blame for decline in numbers (letter)
- Vail Valley churches, law enforcement plan for protests by Westboro Baptist Church
- Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs
- Five local farmers markets coming to Vail Valley this summer
- Crowds enthusiastically embrace first two shows of Whistle Pig Vail concert series: Dispatch, Robert Plant
- Eagle Flight Days was fun for all in downvalley town (photo gallery)