Mikaela Shiffrin cover headline in Feb. 16 Vail Daily insensitive (letter)
February 20, 2018
Shiffrin cover headline insensitive
I, and I assume most other residents, think your Friday, Feb. 16, front page headline, "Shiffrin off slalom podium," was incredibly insensitive and disgusting. Mikaela is an incredible athlete, won gold in the previous event and tried her best, even though she may not have been feeling well that day. Like Lindsay Vonn, her achievements have also given worldwide exposure and PR to Vail and the entire ski industry in our state.
She may not have won that day, but your headline could have been much more sensitive to her accomplishments.
Trending In: Opinion
- Goldberg: Feinstein’s handling of Kavanaugh accusation has made our politics even uglier (column)
- Dylan Roberts has spirit to tackle Colorado’s health care issues (letter)
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Kick in you American rugged individualism to solve problems like housing (letter)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Dry weather prompts local, federal officials to put Eagle County back under fire restrictions, Stage 1
- Top 5 things to do around the Vail Valley this weekend
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley
- Tamra Nottingham Underwood, fourth generation resident, running for council in Avon