Mikaela Shiffrin cover headline in Feb. 16 Vail Daily insensitive (letter)
February 20, 2018
Shiffrin cover headline insensitive
I, and I assume most other residents, think your Friday, Feb. 16, front page headline, "Shiffrin off slalom podium," was incredibly insensitive and disgusting. Mikaela is an incredible athlete, won gold in the previous event and tried her best, even though she may not have been feeling well that day. Like Lindsay Vonn, her achievements have also given worldwide exposure and PR to Vail and the entire ski industry in our state.
She may not have won that day, but your headline could have been much more sensitive to her accomplishments.
Trending In: Opinion
- Vail Daily should change its name (letter)
- Van Beek: How to best prepare your children for a school lockdown (column)
- Carnes: High crimes and nursery rhymes as shutdown rolls on (column)
- A letter to the Eagle County Commissioners about Berlaimont (letter)
- Robbins: Simplifying subpoenas, summonses and service (column)
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Mikaela Shiffrin dominates World Cup giant slalom in Italy for 10th win of season
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world