Mikaela Shiffrin cover headline in Feb. 16 Vail Daily insensitive (letter)
February 20, 2018
Shiffrin cover headline insensitive
I, and I assume most other residents, think your Friday, Feb. 16, front page headline, "Shiffrin off slalom podium," was incredibly insensitive and disgusting. Mikaela is an incredible athlete, won gold in the previous event and tried her best, even though she may not have been feeling well that day. Like Lindsay Vonn, her achievements have also given worldwide exposure and PR to Vail and the entire ski industry in our state.
She may not have won that day, but your headline could have been much more sensitive to her accomplishments.
Trending In: Opinion
- Our View: Vail Mountain doesn’t open early very often, so let’s enjoy the gift (editorial)
- Avoid factory-farm chicken, and push to change the laws governing their treatment (letter)
- Did readers recognize the message of elitist bigotry in Noble’s column? (letter)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)