Natural isn’t always better, especially when it comes to toilet paper (letter)
March 20, 2018
I once in college told the sister of a Boulder-based girlfriend that for toilet paper I was using natural fiber paper derived from a cut yucca leaf. I told her it hurt like hell.
I also offered up my only argument for its use … that the yucca leaf scratching my bum was better for you "because it is natural." She asked us later where she might get some.
This demonstrates how pervasive and sometimes ridiculous is the belief that "natural is always better" and also tells you a little bit about Boulder, Colorado.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin