Natural isn’t always better, especially when it comes to toilet paper (letter)
March 20, 2018
I once in college told the sister of a Boulder-based girlfriend that for toilet paper I was using natural fiber paper derived from a cut yucca leaf. I told her it hurt like hell.
I also offered up my only argument for its use … that the yucca leaf scratching my bum was better for you "because it is natural." She asked us later where she might get some.
This demonstrates how pervasive and sometimes ridiculous is the belief that "natural is always better" and also tells you a little bit about Boulder, Colorado.
Trending In: Opinion
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Goldberg: Feinstein’s handling of Kavanaugh accusation has made our politics even uglier (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Dylan Roberts has spirit to tackle Colorado’s health care issues (letter)
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Dry weather prompts local, federal officials to put Eagle County back under fire restrictions, Stage 1
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley
- Tamra Nottingham Underwood, fourth generation resident, running for council in Avon