Negative propaganda against Victor Mitchell a disgusting turnoff (letter)
June 14, 2018
Dear editor: The four Republican candidates for Colorado governor are all decent people. I have met all of them more than once. They are, alphabetically, Greg Lopez, Victor Mitchell, Doug Robinson and Walker Stapleton. Any one of them would make a great governor of Colorado.
I will not tell Republicans and unaffiliated voters which one of them to vote for in the Tuesday, June 26, primary, because Russian President Vladimir Putin hasn't told me how to vote yet.
However, the three hit pieces that I received at the Avon Post Office this month by the so-called "Real Colorado Conservatives," Andrea Fields, registered agent, which trashed Republican candidate Victor Mitchell, are disgusting.
Clearly, someone is worried about Mitchell possibly winning the Republican primary. When this type of garbage becomes part of our election season, it only makes me consider Mitchell's candidacy even more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect