Negative propaganda against Victor Mitchell a disgusting turnoff (letter)
June 14, 2018
Dear editor: The four Republican candidates for Colorado governor are all decent people. I have met all of them more than once. They are, alphabetically, Greg Lopez, Victor Mitchell, Doug Robinson and Walker Stapleton. Any one of them would make a great governor of Colorado.
I will not tell Republicans and unaffiliated voters which one of them to vote for in the Tuesday, June 26, primary, because Russian President Vladimir Putin hasn't told me how to vote yet.
However, the three hit pieces that I received at the Avon Post Office this month by the so-called "Real Colorado Conservatives," Andrea Fields, registered agent, which trashed Republican candidate Victor Mitchell, are disgusting.
Clearly, someone is worried about Mitchell possibly winning the Republican primary. When this type of garbage becomes part of our election season, it only makes me consider Mitchell's candidacy even more.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Arbitration is not a ‘blow to workers’ rights,’ as Mitsch Bush claims (letter)
- Van Ens: Separating what carries eternal validity compared to archaic social norms in the Bible (column)
- Negative propaganda against Victor Mitchell a disgusting turnoff (letter)
- Cyclists, share the road, particularly through gated communities (letter)
- Lopez: Lessons learned as Eagle County Schools interim superintendent leaves valley (column)
- Vail ski patrollers recount the day Taft Conlin died; lower Prima Cornice was ‘good to go’ for skiing, they said
- Jury shown video of Taft Conlin’s final, fatal run as Vail skier death case wraps first week
- Where has all the wildlife gone: CPW officials cite 50 percent drop in Eagle Valley’s elk population
- Kansas man’s body recovered from Steamboat Lake
- Skiers say they climb, patrollers say they’re not aware as testimony continues in Taft Conlin skier death trial