Phil Weiser for attorney general for the state of Colorado (letter)
June 14, 2018
The Colorado attorney general plays a significant role that impacts our day-to-day lives. Phil Weiser will protect Colorado from overreach by the Trump administration.
Today, there are state attorneys general across the United States, from both parties, working together to protect citizens in their states from Trump executive orders on a range of issues, including climate action, immigration and DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and bad regulatory decisions such as the Federal Communications Commission's ending of net neutrality and the decimation of environmental protections.
We need an attorney general here in Colorado who will protect us.
Phil Weiser is an innovator and a collaborator. He will work with leaders around the state to develop smart approaches, from dealing with the opioid crisis to addressing health care costs to protecting our land, air and water. As county commissioner, I look forward to having such a partner.
We are fortunate to have a lawyer of Phil's expertise and talents ready to work for us — Phil worked for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court, at the U.S. Department of Justice under Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and as dean of the University of Colorado Law School.
To learn more about Phil, check out his website (philforcolorado.com). Please join me in supporting Phil Weiser for Colorado state attorney general, and vote in the primary, which ends Tuesday, June 26. Ballots are in the mail today.
Recommended Stories For You
Eagle County Commissioner
Trending In: Opinion
- Arbitration is not a ‘blow to workers’ rights,’ as Mitsch Bush claims (letter)
- Van Ens: Separating what carries eternal validity compared to archaic social norms in the Bible (column)
- Negative propaganda against Victor Mitchell a disgusting turnoff (letter)
- Cyclists, share the road, particularly through gated communities (letter)
- Lopez: Lessons learned as Eagle County Schools interim superintendent leaves valley (column)
- Vail ski patrollers recount the day Taft Conlin died; lower Prima Cornice was ‘good to go’ for skiing, they said
- Jury shown video of Taft Conlin’s final, fatal run as Vail skier death case wraps first week
- Where has all the wildlife gone: CPW officials cite 50 percent drop in Eagle Valley’s elk population
- Kansas man’s body recovered from Steamboat Lake
- Skiers say they climb, patrollers say they’re not aware as testimony continues in Taft Conlin skier death trial