Phil Weiser for attorney general for the state of Colorado (letter)
June 14, 2018
The Colorado attorney general plays a significant role that impacts our day-to-day lives. Phil Weiser will protect Colorado from overreach by the Trump administration.
Today, there are state attorneys general across the United States, from both parties, working together to protect citizens in their states from Trump executive orders on a range of issues, including climate action, immigration and DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and bad regulatory decisions such as the Federal Communications Commission's ending of net neutrality and the decimation of environmental protections.
We need an attorney general here in Colorado who will protect us.
Phil Weiser is an innovator and a collaborator. He will work with leaders around the state to develop smart approaches, from dealing with the opioid crisis to addressing health care costs to protecting our land, air and water. As county commissioner, I look forward to having such a partner.
We are fortunate to have a lawyer of Phil's expertise and talents ready to work for us — Phil worked for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court, at the U.S. Department of Justice under Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and as dean of the University of Colorado Law School.
To learn more about Phil, check out his website (philforcolorado.com). Please join me in supporting Phil Weiser for Colorado state attorney general, and vote in the primary, which ends Tuesday, June 26. Ballots are in the mail today.
Recommended Stories For You
Eagle County Commissioner
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect