Please vote ‘yes’ on 1A to continue open space tax: It’s why we live here (letter)
October 27, 2018
We love living here for many reasons … breathtaking views, incredible recreational opportunities, abundance of wildlife and the rich history, to name a few. And many other people are discovering our valley for the same reasons. Population growth seems imminent, and as development continues, conserving key pieces of land that can benefit all members of our community will be even more critical.
Vote "yes" on 1A this November to continue the Eagle County Open Space program (without raising taxes), so that we may continue to enjoy and appreciate this amazing place we call home.
Trending In: Opinion
- Our View: Vail Mountain doesn’t open early very often, so let’s enjoy the gift (editorial)
- Have a safe and sober ski season; leave the drinking for apres (letter)
- Did readers recognize the message of elitist bigotry in Noble’s column? (letter)
- Avoid factory-farm chicken, and push to change the laws governing their treatment (letter)
- Noble: Collective delusion: Tell the people what they want to hear (column)
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities