Politics must change; vote Mark Williams for Colorado’s 2nd Congressional District (letter)
June 11, 2018
The political elites in this country are in this only for themselves and their big money backers. Does anyone doubt that insiders, lobbyists and the well-connected have rigged the political game?
This is not even up for debate.
I believe we have given status quo candidates more than enough time to try to do anything for regular working people.
But you know they have not. They don't care about us. They never have.
So I am done with business as usual in politics. That's why I'm voting for independent candidates such as Mark Williams to become the next U.S. Congressman in Colorado's 2nd District.
Mark is a former fighter pilot and community leader who has vowed to take a stand against the insiders who turn a blind eye to fracking. He will also fight the corrupting influence of money in American politics.
Recommended Stories For You
I want our democracy back, and that starts by electing candidates not tied to either political party. I want a congressman who won't take PAC money. I want someone who speaks for me, not a lobbyist pushing a self-serving agenda.
Vote Mark Williams.
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Raise the gas tax in Colorado to help fund road construction and maintenance (letter)
- Wissot: I miss the America before America became great again (column)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?
- Vail Valley Running Club qualifies for nationals again
- Vail Valley-based Hackernoon using equity crowdfunding to fuel new growth