Politics must change; vote Mark Williams for Colorado’s 2nd Congressional District (letter)
June 11, 2018
The political elites in this country are in this only for themselves and their big money backers. Does anyone doubt that insiders, lobbyists and the well-connected have rigged the political game?
This is not even up for debate.
I believe we have given status quo candidates more than enough time to try to do anything for regular working people.
But you know they have not. They don't care about us. They never have.
So I am done with business as usual in politics. That's why I'm voting for independent candidates such as Mark Williams to become the next U.S. Congressman in Colorado's 2nd District.
Mark is a former fighter pilot and community leader who has vowed to take a stand against the insiders who turn a blind eye to fracking. He will also fight the corrupting influence of money in American politics.
Recommended Stories For You
I want our democracy back, and that starts by electing candidates not tied to either political party. I want a congressman who won't take PAC money. I want someone who speaks for me, not a lobbyist pushing a self-serving agenda.
Vote Mark Williams.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: A conservative perspective on the current state of our government (column)
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Carnes: Monochrome, Technicolor memories of a first fall season in Vail (column)
- Our view: Restrictions may be lifted, but it’s still dry in the backcountry (editorial)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case, saying judges erred in several rulings before and during trial
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Rancher cries as jury exonerates her
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Brake fire closes Interstate 70 at East Vail, burns landscaping material Monday morning, Sept. 17