Praise kicks off Eagle Town Board session
June 29, 2013
Complimentary public comment is a great way to start things out and at the latest town of Eagle Board of Trustees meeting there were actually two!
The first was a thank you for the donation towards the Eagle County Fair & Rodeo and a reminder that 2014's fair will celebrate 75 years.
The next was a citizen new to Eagle giving a thank you to everyone who has contributed to paradise — aka, a wonderful place to live.
One item was pulled from the consent agenda before the remaining two, the prior meeting minutes and a renewal of Broadway Liquors liquor license was approved 6-0, as the mayor was absent.
A resolution for pursuing ownership of Highway 6 from mile marker 142 to 149.6 in conjunction with the town of Gypsum and the support of Eagle County was approved after confirmation the final decision would come back before the board.
An emergency ordinance related to the water enterprise bonds was approved along with the agreement with the former town manager, William Powell, for consulting services before the long discussion on the Kum & Go gas station proposal started.
Recommended Stories For You
Mainly because of environmental concerns, the gas station was a 6-0 "no," although the zoning change to other possibilities will be considered at the next meeting.
The managers' items included a LERP foreclosure option the board will review further, a WECMRD update and a notice of a workshop on intergovernmental cooperation for local governments.
A time frame related to the implementation of Amendment 64 was shortly discussed before a couple of board comments finished out the meeting that adjourned after 9 p.m.
If you have any interest in coming to start out public comment in such a positive fashion, please mark your calendar for Tuesday, July 9 at 6 p.m. Or feel free to follow along this trustee's personal adventure at http://www.brandionboard.wordpress.com.
See ya'll at Town Hall!
Brandi Resa is a Town Board member. Her views are not necessarily shared by the board as a whole.
Write a column!
Share your insights with the rest of the community. What's going well, not so well? Send your submission to ValleyVoices@vaildaily.com. By submitting a column, you are granting permission for the Daily to publish it on the paper's website. Email Don Rogers at email@example.com for more information.
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Diane Mitsch Bush most qualified to represent 3rd Congressional District (letter)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon