Premise of article about Sarah Smith Hymes was ridiculous; she is ethical and hard working (letter)
November 3, 2018
As I read the article in the Vail Daily about Sarah Smith Hymes, I thought the whole premise of the article was ridiculous ("Smith Hymes accused of using staff for re-election," Sunday, Oct. 28). It is apparent that she is being criticized for searching out facts before making a statement or answering questions on a topic she wanted to be informed on. Shouldn't we all seek to better understand the facts before voicing an opinion?
Since I have personally known Sarah for decades, I can speak to her genuine dedication to all of her work. Her passion on the Avon Town Council has led her to join multiple committees, spending countless hours in search of making Avon a better place. Sarah is truly one of the hardest working and ethical individuals that I have ever met.
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019