Reject Trump, Republicans on Election Day; CEO approach to governing simply doesn’t work (letter)
November 4, 2018
Now that we've had two years of the Trump administration, perhaps it's time to do a reality check on their accomplishments.
1. A ballooning federal deficit resulting from tax breaks for the wealthy
2. Trade wars with the world, leading to higher inflation
3. No progress on immigration reform without the "Trump wall"
4. Higher interest rates from Trump's pick for Federal Reserve Board chairman
Recommended Stories For You
7. Loss of respect from our friends caused by the president's unilateral executive actions
Trump marketed himself as making "America Great Again." I suspect those who voted for him might want to re-evaluate what he's doing to America. His CEO approach to governing simply doesn't work. It's time to reject him and the Republican Party on Election Day.
Trending In: Opinion
- Vail Daily should change its name (letter)
- Van Beek: How to best prepare your children for a school lockdown (column)
- Carnes: High crimes and nursery rhymes as shutdown rolls on (column)
- A letter to the Eagle County Commissioners about Berlaimont (letter)
- Robbins: Simplifying subpoenas, summonses and service (column)
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Mikaela Shiffrin dominates World Cup giant slalom in Italy for 10th win of season
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world