Reject Trump, Republicans on Election Day; CEO approach to governing simply doesn’t work (letter)
November 4, 2018
Now that we've had two years of the Trump administration, perhaps it's time to do a reality check on their accomplishments.
1. A ballooning federal deficit resulting from tax breaks for the wealthy
2. Trade wars with the world, leading to higher inflation
3. No progress on immigration reform without the "Trump wall"
4. Higher interest rates from Trump's pick for Federal Reserve Board chairman
Recommended Stories For You
7. Loss of respect from our friends caused by the president's unilateral executive actions
Trump marketed himself as making "America Great Again." I suspect those who voted for him might want to re-evaluate what he's doing to America. His CEO approach to governing simply doesn't work. It's time to reject him and the Republican Party on Election Day.
Trending In: Opinion
- Raise the gas tax in Colorado to help fund road construction and maintenance (letter)
- Van Ens: Why are we met with silence regarding sexual predators in churches? (column)
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- Carnes: In 20th Thanksgiving column, Vail local still thankful (column)
- Wissot: I miss the America before America became great again (column)
- Vail Valley-based Hackernoon using equity crowdfunding to fuel new growth
- Biggest piece of Vail Valley real estate business is now a higher price range
- Eagle County struggles with record number of suicide deaths in 2018
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin