Roberts brings intelligence, poise and positivity to the state legislature (letter)
October 27, 2018
I attended the recent 2018 Candidate's Forum at Colorado Mountain College, where we were treated to side-by-side discussions between our candidates for state representative, state senator and Eagle County commissioner.
The three democrats (Dylan Roberts, Kerry Donovan and Jeanne McQueeney) each displayed an impressive depth of knowledge around the issues facing Eagle County and offered approaches to solving these issues that were thoughtful, based on an analysis of all the facts and crafted with the express expectation that they would need to work with others to keep things moving forward to help our county. I encourage you to vote for each of them.
I wanted to highlight in particular the performance of Dylan Roberts. We all know of his impressive accomplishments as our state representative over the past year, including being the lead sponsor on six nonpartisan bills signed into law and being named one of the "Fabulous Five" top lawmakers by Conservation Colorado.
What we learned at this forum was that he really knows the issues facing our community (partly but not only because he grew up in Routt County and now lives and works in Eagle), he has studied the laws of our state and thinks about how they can and sometimes should be improved to best help our community, and he communicates all of this information with intelligence, poise and without any negativity.
We would be very lucky as a community to have him representing us for two more years in the Colorado Legislature, where he can continue to propose and pass laws that directly benefit us.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Proposed ‘boarding house’ not a good fit for the Eagle-Vail community (letter)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- Senior exemption from taxes? Here’s three reasons that would be a terrible idea (letter)
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018
- Vail to open Northwoods on Saturday
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?