Socialism is consistent with atheism, which could explain Carnes’ stance on Trump (letter)
February 15, 2018
In his "My View" column ("It's beginning to make sense," Tuesday, Jan. 30), Richard Carnes referred to a God as a "magical being." He, of course, is admitting he does not believe in God, and that makes him an atheist, by definition.
In his response to Carnes' request to share their support for President Trump's character, Robert Truschelt articulately responded by taking this discussion of character to a higher level: the level of basic principles ("Party before personality, principles before politics," Tuesday, Jan. 30). Mr. Truschelt suggested that Carnes favored socialism. I don't know what Mr. Carnes believes about any discipline except theology, but according to what Dr. David Noebel, author of "Understanding the Times," concluded, socialism is consistent with atheism.
John B. Bartholomew
Trending In: Opinion
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’