Students didn’t walk out for ‘peace’; they walked out because they are scared (letter)
Editor’s note: This letter is in response to the Page 1 headline “Hundreds walk out for peace,” published Thursday, March 15, in the Vail Daily and photos with the corresponding article.
Dear Mr. Wyrick: Do you really think the local high school students walked out for peace on Wednesday?
• Not for gun control reform.
• Not for school safety.
• Not for going to school with peace of mind.
• Not because they are scared.
• Not because they are angry seeing how many kids get killed in schools in United States.
• Not because even in Third World countries, students don’t get shot in schools.
But if you think is was just for peace, maybe you should have published a picture with a student holding the peace sign instead of the Confederate flag (a questionable sign of peace for some historians).
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User