Support clean car standards that protect our citizens, environment (letter)
June 22, 2018
I was pleased to see Gov. Hickenlooper sign an executive order to begin the process of making Colorado the first interior state in the nation to adopt clean car standards. Thank you, Governor! As the federal government considers rolling back these standards at the national level, our state must step up and institute rules that will reduce air pollution, protect public health and combat climate change.
As excited as I am about this announcement, it's only the beginning. The voices of Eagle County residents — voices calling for clean air, public health and climate action — must be heard. I applaud Commissioner Jill Ryan and her colleagues on our county commission for being among the first to call for Colorado to set its own emission standards. I hope elected officials and residents throughout our community will join them in supporting clean car standards here in Colorado. Our air, health and future depend on it.
Trending In: Opinion
- Vail Daily owes readers an apology for cartoon that uses #MeToo to demean victims (letter)
- Carnes: Did you do some stupid things in high school? Me too (column)
- Do we truly value wildlife or just the appearance of being in the wild? (letter)
- What’s a better approach for prisoners: Punishment or rehabilitation? (letter)
- Our View: It’s time to fix the Colorado Constitution’s trickiest amendments (editorial)
- Pre-dawn fire engulfs Eagle Ranch home as eight engines from around Vail Valley rally to fight blaze
- Vail Resorts’ plan to expand Vail Mountain snowmaking draws good response
- Utah man arrested near Eagle, suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine