Support clean car standards that protect our citizens, environment (letter)
June 22, 2018
I was pleased to see Gov. Hickenlooper sign an executive order to begin the process of making Colorado the first interior state in the nation to adopt clean car standards. Thank you, Governor! As the federal government considers rolling back these standards at the national level, our state must step up and institute rules that will reduce air pollution, protect public health and combat climate change.
As excited as I am about this announcement, it's only the beginning. The voices of Eagle County residents — voices calling for clean air, public health and climate action — must be heard. I applaud Commissioner Jill Ryan and her colleagues on our county commission for being among the first to call for Colorado to set its own emission standards. I hope elected officials and residents throughout our community will join them in supporting clean car standards here in Colorado. Our air, health and future depend on it.
Trending In: Opinion
- Our View: Vail Mountain doesn’t open early very often, so let’s enjoy the gift (editorial)
- Avoid factory-farm chicken, and push to change the laws governing their treatment (letter)
- Did readers recognize the message of elitist bigotry in Noble’s column? (letter)
- Sheldon: There’s been a rise in hate crimes in our country, and words aren’t enough to combat it (column)
- If Colorado declares autism an ‘epidemic,’ it could have very impactful social effects (letter)