Support vital education resources; vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 (letter)
November 3, 2018
I encourage everyone in our community to carefully consider and vote for Amendment 73 to stabilize funding in our local schools. Amendment 73 will result in full-day kindergarten, which launches our children off to a great start in their school career and also saves parents up to $2,500 in tuition if they pay for the other half of the day.
Commercial real estate assessment rates drop 5 percent, and income tax on C-Corporations only increases 1.37 percent. Our own school district would receive about $11.6 million in new funding each year — these are vital resources to ensure our community schools continue to thrive.
Trending In: Opinion
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes