Support vital education resources; vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 (letter)
November 3, 2018
I encourage everyone in our community to carefully consider and vote for Amendment 73 to stabilize funding in our local schools. Amendment 73 will result in full-day kindergarten, which launches our children off to a great start in their school career and also saves parents up to $2,500 in tuition if they pay for the other half of the day.
Commercial real estate assessment rates drop 5 percent, and income tax on C-Corporations only increases 1.37 percent. Our own school district would receive about $11.6 million in new funding each year — these are vital resources to ensure our community schools continue to thrive.
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019