Swift Eagle thanks community for another successful bocce tournament (letter)
July 9, 2018
The Swift Eagle Charitable Foundation would like to thank everyone for making its 11th annual La Bella Festa Bocce Tournament fundraiser another wonderful success. For the first time ever, play was briefly interrupted by a short downpour, but in true Colorado fashion, ready for any weather, players donned their rain gear and kept on playing.
The day ended sunny and beautiful for the 160 bocce participants, the Italian dinner served by Gourmet Cowboy was outstanding, and everyone enjoyed musical entertainment by Pat Hamilton. Congratulations to the first-place winner, Team Cardinale, and second-place winner, Select Surfaces.
Thank you to all of our sponsors, including Carquest Auto Parts, Merv and Laine Lapin, Slifer Smith & Frampton Real Estate, First Bank, Beck Building Co., Select Surfaces, Citywide Banks, Larsen & Lynch LLC, Alpine Bank, High Country Copiers, BJ & Garrett Smith, Nedbo Construction Inc., Shaw Electric, Steammaster, Wall Street Insurance, Gourmet Cowboy, EPS Design & Print, Vail Daily, Orrison Dirstributing, Eagle-Vail Metro District and Eagle-Vail Property Owners Association. And a huge thank-you to our many, many silent auction donors who made this year's auction our most successful yet.
An extra special thanks to the Vail Daily and publisher Mark Wurzer for its outstanding advertising and editorial support — we couldn't do it without you!
The monies raised by the tournament will go toward providing financial assistance to Eagle County residents for living and personal expenses during times of crisis and hardship.
Thank you, everyone!
Recommended Stories For You
Swift Eagle Charitable Foundation
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- District Attorney: Felony summons instead of arrest is better path to justice for nonviolent offenders (column)
- Wissot: The two Americas of Texas are analogous of the country as a whole (column)
- Our nation can no longer tolerate hate speech and must instead embrace inclusiveness (letter)
- Treat: Preserve Camp Hale, a sacred space for the 10th Mountain Division and Colorado ski industry (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019
- Former town of Vail employee charged with soliciting child prostitute in Glenwood Springs