Thanks from the Vail Veterans Program to all who attended the Patriotic Concert (letter)
July 13, 2018
Dear Vail Valley community: On behalf of the Vail Veterans Program, we want to extend a heartfelt thank you to all those who supported the Dallas Symphony Orchestra Patriotic Concert on the Fourth of July.
Thank you to the Vail Valley Foundation, Bravo! Vail and all the patrons who purchased tickets to the concert. Your contributions will assist in providing transformational programs to wounded warriors and their families from across the nation.
We were honored to have 1st Lt. Andrew Kinard (Ret.), Vail Veterans Program ambassador, narrate a piece called "Gardens of Stone," an incredible tribute that pays homage to the military men and women who have sacrificed their lives for our country.
Andrew shared, "It was such an honor to participate in this year's Independence Day concert at the Ford Amphitheater. Despite all of the time I spent rehearsing my lines, I wasn't prepared for how humbling it would be for me to read them with the full weight of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra behind me. I am grateful for Maestro Tyzik and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra for delivering a world-class performance commemorating the basic principles of this nation that unite us all."
A special thank-you to all veterans in our community for your service to our great country.
Recommended Stories For You
Cheryl Jensen and Lindsay Humphreys
Vail Veterans Program
Trending In: Opinion
- Have a safe and sober ski season; leave the drinking for apres (letter)
- Our View: Vail Mountain doesn’t open early very often, so let’s enjoy the gift (editorial)
- Did readers recognize the message of elitist bigotry in Noble’s column? (letter)
- Eagle County sheriff: Suicide breaking records in Eagle County; help is available (column)
- Noble: Collective delusion: Tell the people what they want to hear (column)
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities