Thanks to Colorado Mountain College for hosting Fine Arts Show in August (letter)
September 22, 2018
The Vail Valley Art Guild would like to express our gratitude to Colorado Mountain College for hosting the fifth annual Fine Arts Show on Monday, Aug. 27, featuring the works of local Art Guild artisans, CMC students and faculty. There are few opportunities in the valley for local artists to exhibit their work, and CMC once again provided us with an outstanding venue.
We also thank the Jeremiah Jazz Quartet for providing the entertainment that always makes this evening very special for those who attend this event. Forty-five local artists displayed works that included watercolors, oils, pastels, ceramics, photography mixed media, wood and sculpture ranging from realistic to contemporary.
A big thank-you to Katy Walker at CMC for her help with this event, as well as Mountain Beverage and West Vail Liquor Mart for providing the refreshments. If you missed the event Aug. 27, all art will be on exhibit and is for sale at the Edwards CMC during regular school hours until Friday, Oct. 26.
Vail Valley Art Guild president
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- The persona of PSRA champion ski racer Lonny Vanatta, captured in photos (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move