Thanks to Colorado Mountain College for hosting Fine Arts Show in August (letter)
September 22, 2018
The Vail Valley Art Guild would like to express our gratitude to Colorado Mountain College for hosting the fifth annual Fine Arts Show on Monday, Aug. 27, featuring the works of local Art Guild artisans, CMC students and faculty. There are few opportunities in the valley for local artists to exhibit their work, and CMC once again provided us with an outstanding venue.
We also thank the Jeremiah Jazz Quartet for providing the entertainment that always makes this evening very special for those who attend this event. Forty-five local artists displayed works that included watercolors, oils, pastels, ceramics, photography mixed media, wood and sculpture ranging from realistic to contemporary.
A big thank-you to Katy Walker at CMC for her help with this event, as well as Mountain Beverage and West Vail Liquor Mart for providing the refreshments. If you missed the event Aug. 27, all art will be on exhibit and is for sale at the Edwards CMC during regular school hours until Friday, Oct. 26.
Vail Valley Art Guild president
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019