Unhappy with Roundup River Ranch Super Hero event cover photo in Vail Daily (letter)
March 7, 2018
We find the photo on the front page of the Sunday, March 4, Vail Daily to be a poor representation of the Super Hero Ski Day held on Saturday to raise funds for Roundup River Ranch, a SeriousFun Camp. Several hundred people participated in this all-day event, with parents and children alike attired in a multitude of super hero costumes. To focus on one skier with the background of a building is ludicrous when a more suitable photo could certainly be found.
The mission of this camp is to make it possible for 1,500 children per season with serious illnesses to attend at absolutely no cost to the family and deserved a far more interesting and appealing photo, as well as a written article within the paper. This was disappointing coverage of an outstanding family fun day on Vail Mountain and a disservice to all of the planning and effort that went into a very successful event.
Greer and Jack Gardner
Trending In: Opinion
- Why I volunteer as a mentor with the Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 (letter)
- The future of our local wildlife is up to us; just say ‘no’ to paved access to Berlaimont (letter)
- Ramirez: Why Testing Matters (column)
- Scatter ashes wherever, but don’t bring headstones into the wilderness (letter)
- Thomas: A history lesson on the Founding Fathers, courtesy of Brett Kavanaugh (column)
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Eagle County knows finding affordable housing solutions never gets easier
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck
- Everybody sing, ‘Sweet Caroline,’ as Battle Mountain volleyball beats Eagle Valley