Vail Daily letter: Against Trump
November 5, 2016
There is a "fix" in this election, and it is Mr. Trump's refusal to fix his bad mouth and behavior. How is it even remotely possible for Trump to "Make America Great Again" by constantly demeaning other people as fat, ugly, stupid, sweaty, clueless, crazy, crooked, rapists, Pocahontas, and the Devil … and by mocking the handicapped, or threatening to put his opponent in jail? How is it possible to find solutions to problems when Trump never seems to study any issue carefully, and tries to bluff his way through life with made-up facts and conspiracy theories?
America was inspired by hope and lofty ideals — not by anger, fear and division. Yet all we seem to hear from Mr. Trump is how absolutely horrible everyone … and everything … is. Except, of course, for the self-proclaimed "genius" Trump himself! Fortunately, there is a simple way to end Trump's rude and divisive behavior — that is for voters to give him a comeuppance at the polls. It's what an impetuous child deserves!
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon