Vail Daily letter: Against Trump
November 5, 2016
There is a "fix" in this election, and it is Mr. Trump's refusal to fix his bad mouth and behavior. How is it even remotely possible for Trump to "Make America Great Again" by constantly demeaning other people as fat, ugly, stupid, sweaty, clueless, crazy, crooked, rapists, Pocahontas, and the Devil … and by mocking the handicapped, or threatening to put his opponent in jail? How is it possible to find solutions to problems when Trump never seems to study any issue carefully, and tries to bluff his way through life with made-up facts and conspiracy theories?
America was inspired by hope and lofty ideals — not by anger, fear and division. Yet all we seem to hear from Mr. Trump is how absolutely horrible everyone … and everything … is. Except, of course, for the self-proclaimed "genius" Trump himself! Fortunately, there is a simple way to end Trump's rude and divisive behavior — that is for voters to give him a comeuppance at the polls. It's what an impetuous child deserves!
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019