Vail Daily letter: Beveridge for commissioner
November 3, 2016
I would like to share with you why Rick Beveridge has my support for the Eagle County commissioner's seat. I have known and worked with Rick over the years and am familiar with his integrity, work ethic and comprehensive knowledge regarding local, Roaring Fork and Western Slope issues.
By tapping into his expertise, our community can begin resolving the ongoing affordable housing dilemma, through strategic partnerships which have eluded the focus and attention of current leadership. Rick more than most understands the challenges of a market that many otherwise capable first-time home buyers are priced out of. As well, the comprehensive impact on our communities' economic health. His practical, commonsense approach toward problem resolution is one of many character strengths, which is why we are fortunate to have his name on the ballot. A proactive leader and proven problem solver, his value to the community in this role is well above the position's pay grade. I wholeheartedly believe Rick is the right person for the job; his skillset will ensure the economic vitality and quality of living for our futures.
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Head ski equipment company leading the way for lighter, performance-based boots