Vail Daily letter: Beveridge for commissioner
November 3, 2016
In Eagle County, we are fortunate to have good choices for those willing to serve in local government. I'm writing today to endorse Rick Beveridge for county commissioner. I have had the opportunity to work with Rick, witness his commitment to the youth of our valley and watch him build a successful business.
Rick has never been one to sit on the sidelines, serving 12 years on the WECMRD board of directors, four as chairman; Eagle Valley Chamber of Commerce board of directors; Eagle County Fair board member; and Vail Mountaineer Hockey Club board of directors. Serving on these boards, Rick spearheaded the WECMRD $12 million bond election that allowed the construction of the Eagle pool and ice rink, Freedom Park Field House and park facilities.
Eagle County is headed for an exciting yet challenging time, with many projects and initiatives needing experienced representatives navigating the complexities of public and private cooperation necessary for win-win results.
Whether a Democrat, Republican or independent, I believe Rick Beveridge is the best choice for Eagle County commissioner. His experience and understanding of what it takes to get actual results will make a difference.
Trending In: Opinion
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Sheldon: It shouldn’t matter what you ‘believe’ about climate change, Mr. President (column)
- Worried about anthropogenic global warming? The super volcano will take care of that (letter)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Dead body found at Vail Pass rest area
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season