Vail Daily letter: Beveridge for commissioner
November 3, 2016
In Eagle County, we are fortunate to have good choices for those willing to serve in local government. I'm writing today to endorse Rick Beveridge for county commissioner. I have had the opportunity to work with Rick, witness his commitment to the youth of our valley and watch him build a successful business.
Rick has never been one to sit on the sidelines, serving 12 years on the WECMRD board of directors, four as chairman; Eagle Valley Chamber of Commerce board of directors; Eagle County Fair board member; and Vail Mountaineer Hockey Club board of directors. Serving on these boards, Rick spearheaded the WECMRD $12 million bond election that allowed the construction of the Eagle pool and ice rink, Freedom Park Field House and park facilities.
Eagle County is headed for an exciting yet challenging time, with many projects and initiatives needing experienced representatives navigating the complexities of public and private cooperation necessary for win-win results.
Whether a Democrat, Republican or independent, I believe Rick Beveridge is the best choice for Eagle County commissioner. His experience and understanding of what it takes to get actual results will make a difference.
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Carnes: Kanye West, Taylor Swift and the consequences for apathetic entertainment (column)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints