Vail Daily letter: Brava from Vail Friends of Dance
July 22, 2017
Thank you, Randy Wyrick, for your recent article in the July 9 Vail Daily, "I did it my way," about Hannah Geisman, dancing queen. I would like to say brava from Vail Friends of Dance, Vail Youth Ballet Company and Vail Valley Dance Academy students. We are all very happy that Hannah touched our lives during her years in the valley as part of our dance family.
She was a shining star on stage at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in her roles as Bluebird in "Sleeping Beauty"; a mirliton, snowflake and flower in "The Nutcracker" and lead role as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz."
We are so proud of her going down a new path with Colorado Ballet Company as a professional dancer. Her fellow dancers in Vail Youth Ballet Company and teachers from Vail Valley Academy of Dance look forward to visiting Denver to celebrate with her as she enchants the audience on stage at Ellie Caulkins Theatre in "Dracula." Congratulations, Hannah! We wish you the very best!
Vice president, Vail Friends of the Dance
Trending In: Opinion
- Eagle County Sheriff: When it comes to teen suicide, the sound of silence is deadly (column)
- Vail Daily letter: White genocide nearly imminent in South Africa
- Town of Eagle exceeding authority in approving developments, building water plant (letter)
- How do we get to No. 1 again in Ski magazine resort rankings? Teamwork (letter)
- Wissot: We’ve got to do something about school shootings, but you know we won’t (column)
- San Diego man allegedly zip-tied his girlfriend, tried to strangle her in Vail lodge, faces attempted murder
- Edwards murder suspects want separate trials, prosecutors want them tried together
- Florida man’s lost ashes claimed by friend who’ll spread them in Vail’s Back Bowls
- After Lindsey Vonn falters, snowboarder Ester Ledecka pulls off stunning win
- Ledecka wins? What the fudge happened?