Vail Daily letter: Brava from Vail Friends of Dance
July 22, 2017
Thank you, Randy Wyrick, for your recent article in the July 9 Vail Daily, "I did it my way," about Hannah Geisman, dancing queen. I would like to say brava from Vail Friends of Dance, Vail Youth Ballet Company and Vail Valley Dance Academy students. We are all very happy that Hannah touched our lives during her years in the valley as part of our dance family.
She was a shining star on stage at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in her roles as Bluebird in "Sleeping Beauty"; a mirliton, snowflake and flower in "The Nutcracker" and lead role as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz."
We are so proud of her going down a new path with Colorado Ballet Company as a professional dancer. Her fellow dancers in Vail Youth Ballet Company and teachers from Vail Valley Academy of Dance look forward to visiting Denver to celebrate with her as she enchants the audience on stage at Ellie Caulkins Theatre in "Dracula." Congratulations, Hannah! We wish you the very best!
Vice president, Vail Friends of the Dance
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: Trump’s an international embarrassment, but he’s our international embarrassment (column)
- Eagle County health and schools: Kids and Juuls: What you need to know about this new form of vaping (column)
- Goldberg: Is it OK for non-transgender actors to play transgender people? (column)
- Fence around Fourth of July event at Nottingham felt like Guantanamo Bay in Avon (letter)
- State Senators: Celebrate Colorado Public Lands Day on Saturday, May 19 (column)
- Obituary: Zachary Domenico, Jan. 25, 1990, to July 7, 2018
- Eagle County, local towns are being asked to help fund Forest Service operations
- Judge calls Pedro Gonzalez attempted murder case ‘unexplainable’ in handing down 42-year sentence
- Suspects in Lake Christine Fire arrested at residence in Basalt
- Public notice snafu delays hearing for Edwards’ Fox Hollow development