Vail Daily letter: Brava from Vail Friends of Dance
July 22, 2017
Thank you, Randy Wyrick, for your recent article in the July 9 Vail Daily, "I did it my way," about Hannah Geisman, dancing queen. I would like to say brava from Vail Friends of Dance, Vail Youth Ballet Company and Vail Valley Dance Academy students. We are all very happy that Hannah touched our lives during her years in the valley as part of our dance family.
She was a shining star on stage at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in her roles as Bluebird in "Sleeping Beauty"; a mirliton, snowflake and flower in "The Nutcracker" and lead role as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz."
We are so proud of her going down a new path with Colorado Ballet Company as a professional dancer. Her fellow dancers in Vail Youth Ballet Company and teachers from Vail Valley Academy of Dance look forward to visiting Denver to celebrate with her as she enchants the audience on stage at Ellie Caulkins Theatre in "Dracula." Congratulations, Hannah! We wish you the very best!
Vice president, Vail Friends of the Dance
Trending In: Opinion
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Worried about anthropogenic global warming? The super volcano will take care of that (letter)
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season