Vail Daily letter: Carey for district attorney
October 20, 2016
I've known Bruce Carey since he came to this area in the early 1990s as a deputy district attorney. In all those years I have known him to be open minded, professional and fair, and to conduct himself with the greatest integrity.
He understands how the emergency services and law enforcement communities work, and he understands the local affairs of the Western Slope. Bruce Carey volunteers enormous amounts of time, even teaching physical fitness classes for local seniors. He's a Master Mason and does pro bono legal work for people who cannot afford it, but need it.
I have been a firefighter for 29 and a half years, and served as a fire chief for 17 and a half years.
I heartily endorse Bruce Carey for district attorney.
Jon Jon Asper
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail