Vail Daily letter: Chandler-Henry for commissioner
October 29, 2016
Kathy Chandler-Henry grew up in the Eagle Valley experiencing the many changes to both the Eagle Valley as well as the Roaring Fork Valley. She has been a commissioner for 3.5 years and has been involved in all parts of the county. She is the commissioner that you see at the County Fair, airport events, senior citizen events and other community events where you seldom see a commissioner. Kathy has been involved in several important decisions during her time as commissioner, including voting against proposals to raise taxes. She also listens to citizen concerns and shows a genuine interest in making county government work for the citizens.
Experience counts and I urge you to support Kathy. Rick Beveridge is a friend of mine, and he and his family are great people, but in this case, we give our support to Kathy for the job that she has done well for the past 3.5 years.
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Diane Mitsch Bush most qualified to represent 3rd Congressional District (letter)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon