Vail Daily letter: Concerned about Trump
January 29, 2017
I did not vote for Donald Trump as our 45th president, but unlike Mitch McConnell at the start of Barack Obama's first term, I was ready to give him a chance. I certainly was, and am, concerned with a number of President Trump's positions:
• Climate change just a hoax — really?
• Discussions about a Supreme Court nominee that threatens women's rights under Roe v. Wade — really?
• The refusal to hold regular press conferences so as to answer questions related to policy and actions — really?
• And now a media blackout at the EPA after moving to delay the implementation of 30 environmental rules — really?
Within this last year I read a book entitled "1924 — The Year That Made Hitler." He was going to make Germany great again. And people bought into it — really!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect