Vail Daily letter: Concerned about Trump
January 29, 2017
I did not vote for Donald Trump as our 45th president, but unlike Mitch McConnell at the start of Barack Obama's first term, I was ready to give him a chance. I certainly was, and am, concerned with a number of President Trump's positions:
• Climate change just a hoax — really?
• Discussions about a Supreme Court nominee that threatens women's rights under Roe v. Wade — really?
• The refusal to hold regular press conferences so as to answer questions related to policy and actions — really?
• And now a media blackout at the EPA after moving to delay the implementation of 30 environmental rules — really?
Within this last year I read a book entitled "1924 — The Year That Made Hitler." He was going to make Germany great again. And people bought into it — really!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond