Vail Daily letter: Congrats to Huskies
November 14, 2016
Cheers to another great season for the Battle Mountain High School Boys soccer squad! A hard-fought battle vs. a superior team from The Classical Academy, in which our boys never gave up. I want to give major props to these boys, with their never-say-die attitudes and style. Parents, you should be extremely proud, as I'm sure you all are.
Coach Cope and Coach Ali, your time and efforts are very much appreciated. You have been, and continue to be, instrumental in turning these boys into fine, proud, classy young men. Though the final game's result was not what we had hoped it would be, the guys were able to hold their heads high in defeat.
Many families contributed in so many ways to the success of the team. Sue and Mario Ledezma, opening up their great restaurant Fiesta's for post-game celebrations (almost certainly at a loss) must be mentioned. Cindy and Mike Staughton, unofficial snack and beverage sponsors, are much appreciated. And the rest of you parents, traveling with them, living and dying on every rush: kudos!
I would be remiss not to mention the invaluable contribution of the Vail Valley Soccer Club. This program has really upped the quality of play for these kids (and the girls squads too). Many of these players have been playing together for a long time, and know one another so well. Club undoubtedly assisted this group and their successes on and off the field. Don and Sue Dressler, Mario Ledezma, Kerry Thielen, Joel Rabinowitz, and others whom I may not be aware of: thanks!
Of course, there are too many folks to list in this letter. Parents, siblings, friends and neighbors, thank you for supporting this team. This family appreciates it a ton.
Now for the "sour grapes" portion: How about TCA moves up to 5A?! Just sayin …
Recommended Stories For You
Huskies! Congrats on a great year! Keep those heads held high!
Joe Kamby and family
Write a letter!
What's on your mind? Share your insights with the rest of the community. Send your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort