Vail Daily letter: Don’t ski in wildlife corridor
February 12, 2017
Please stop skiing down into Minturn unless you are coming down the Minturn Mile. The hillside between I-70 and Two Elk drainage is considered a wildlife corridor. Because of the winter's significant snowfall, numerous ski tracks are visible on the hillside. Stop! Please find another place to ski! Several residents have expressed concern because we are not seeing the customary elk herds that were so prevalent.
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Our View: Eagle-Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin looks to be having fun while dominating ski racing
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Some Vail Valley residents felt small earthquakes that hit Glenwood Springs