Vail Daily letter: Don’t tolerate Trump the bully
May 13, 2017
Imagine you are on the playground at one of our local schools and you see another student do something that is against school rules. The guilty student sees that you know and tells you that if you say anything, you will have a bloody nose as a result. That constitutes bullying at school and would have the perpetrator punished.
President Donald Trump has just engaged in similar behavior with former FBI Director James Comey. Trump wrote on Twitter, "James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!" In other words, if Comey opens his mouth, he will get "a bloody nose."
This constitutes yet another example of Trump bullying in our nation and we should not tolerate such behavior. Any politician who now supports Trump should forfeit our support and be thrown out at the next election. Similarly, the renegade Mr. Trump who repeatedly offends and lies to the American people should be removed from office.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard