Vail Daily letter: Family Learning Center thanks you for your generosity
August 15, 2017
Thank you for your generosity
Dear community friends: The Family Learning Center is pleased to announce that our major fundraiser was an enormous success. All proceeds from the "Tee-Off" Cocktail Party in Lake Creek and the 15th annual Barbara Treat Memorial Golf Tournament at the Club at Cordillera benefit Family Learning Center's early-childhood education and child-care programs.
Like so many of the amazing organizations in Eagle County's nonprofit sector, Family Learning Center relies on the generosity of its donors, special events and foundation funding to operate. Family Learning Center is dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable early-childhood education programs to all families, regardless of financial standing.
To date, 79 percent of Family Learning Center families receive tuition assistance and more than 65 percent of our students are second-language learners. Thanks to support from our community sponsors and the nurturing, innovative and personalized approach that Family Learning Center's dedicated staff displays in the classroom, each and every one of our students enters kindergarten prepared for success.
In addition to the event's three title sponsors (Fredman Family Foundation, Vanessa Kerzner and Daniel Heard), Family Learning Center would like to acknowledge and thank the following people and organizations for their support and assistance with this year's fundraiser:
• Team sponsors: Veronica Calderon, Paco Calderon, Vince McNeill, Dainee McNeill, Karen Mayo, Sue Whitley, Diane Bosler, RA Nelson, R&H Mechanical, Robert Castellini, Rebecca and Steve Meyer, Raymond Goetz, Norman Waite Jr., Vic Candelosi, Ron and Ginger Askew, Mulligan Law Firm, Umbrella Roofing, Plath Construction, Select Surfaces, John Horan-Kates, Susan Carlyll and Don Salanty.
Recommended Stories For You
• Hole sponsors: Revolution Rotisserie Restaurant, Splendido at The Chateau, Campo di Fiori, Roadhouse Hospitality Group/The Metropolitan, Umbrella Roofing, Northwoods Irrigation, FirstBank, Alpine Bank, Jim and Cookie Flaum, Vincent Joly, Dave Temin, Gloria and Gary Lau, Riverwalk Wine & Spirits, Avon Liquor, Miller Wall Co. and Vail Valley Pharmacy.
Finally, Family Learning Center would like to thank our chairperson, Veronica Calderon, for her tireless efforts in orchestrating this event, along with all of the volunteers, board members, donors and Club at Cordillera staff who made our 2017 fundraiser such a success.
For more information regarding Family Learning Center programs or to make a donation, visit http://www.flcedwards.org or call 970-926-7070. Thank you for sharing in Family Learning Center's belief that every child deserves access to a quality start in learning and life.
Communications and development officer, Family Learning Center
Trending In: Opinion
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Ask yourself, what is a Colorado way of life worth to each of us? (letter)
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced