Vail Daily letter: Family Learning Center thanks you for your generosity
August 15, 2017
Thank you for your generosity
Dear community friends: The Family Learning Center is pleased to announce that our major fundraiser was an enormous success. All proceeds from the "Tee-Off" Cocktail Party in Lake Creek and the 15th annual Barbara Treat Memorial Golf Tournament at the Club at Cordillera benefit Family Learning Center's early-childhood education and child-care programs.
Like so many of the amazing organizations in Eagle County's nonprofit sector, Family Learning Center relies on the generosity of its donors, special events and foundation funding to operate. Family Learning Center is dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable early-childhood education programs to all families, regardless of financial standing.
To date, 79 percent of Family Learning Center families receive tuition assistance and more than 65 percent of our students are second-language learners. Thanks to support from our community sponsors and the nurturing, innovative and personalized approach that Family Learning Center's dedicated staff displays in the classroom, each and every one of our students enters kindergarten prepared for success.
In addition to the event's three title sponsors (Fredman Family Foundation, Vanessa Kerzner and Daniel Heard), Family Learning Center would like to acknowledge and thank the following people and organizations for their support and assistance with this year's fundraiser:
• Team sponsors: Veronica Calderon, Paco Calderon, Vince McNeill, Dainee McNeill, Karen Mayo, Sue Whitley, Diane Bosler, RA Nelson, R&H Mechanical, Robert Castellini, Rebecca and Steve Meyer, Raymond Goetz, Norman Waite Jr., Vic Candelosi, Ron and Ginger Askew, Mulligan Law Firm, Umbrella Roofing, Plath Construction, Select Surfaces, John Horan-Kates, Susan Carlyll and Don Salanty.
Recommended Stories For You
• Hole sponsors: Revolution Rotisserie Restaurant, Splendido at The Chateau, Campo di Fiori, Roadhouse Hospitality Group/The Metropolitan, Umbrella Roofing, Northwoods Irrigation, FirstBank, Alpine Bank, Jim and Cookie Flaum, Vincent Joly, Dave Temin, Gloria and Gary Lau, Riverwalk Wine & Spirits, Avon Liquor, Miller Wall Co. and Vail Valley Pharmacy.
Finally, Family Learning Center would like to thank our chairperson, Veronica Calderon, for her tireless efforts in orchestrating this event, along with all of the volunteers, board members, donors and Club at Cordillera staff who made our 2017 fundraiser such a success.
For more information regarding Family Learning Center programs or to make a donation, visit http://www.flcedwards.org or call 970-926-7070. Thank you for sharing in Family Learning Center's belief that every child deserves access to a quality start in learning and life.
Communications and development officer, Family Learning Center
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Norton: The only thing better than a good book is a great book (column)
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards