Vail Daily letter: Fancher for Avon council
October 25, 2016
I've lived in Avon for 23 years. Before running for Town Council in 2014, my criteria for selecting people to represent me was simple:
Who do I trust to make decisions on my behalf?
Who is smart enough to understand the complexities of municipal law and finance?
Who is committed enough to put in the time to dig deep on every issue?
Who is honest enough to set aside personal agendas?
Who shares my values?
Recommended Stories For You
With two years serving on the Town Council under my belt, I now know that it takes even more than that. It takes an open mind and a willingness to let every perspective inform your decisions. It takes strength and grace under fire to stand up for what you believe is best for the town. And finally, it takes vision to put plans in place that will accommodate future challenges while maintaining all that we love about Avon and our mountain lifestyle.
That is Jennie Fancher in a nutshell.
Please join me in casting your vote for Jennie for Avon Town Council.
Sarah Smith Hymes
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort