Vail Daily letter: Fancher for Avon council
October 25, 2016
I've lived in Avon for 23 years. Before running for Town Council in 2014, my criteria for selecting people to represent me was simple:
Who do I trust to make decisions on my behalf?
Who is smart enough to understand the complexities of municipal law and finance?
Who is committed enough to put in the time to dig deep on every issue?
Who is honest enough to set aside personal agendas?
Who shares my values?
Recommended Stories For You
With two years serving on the Town Council under my belt, I now know that it takes even more than that. It takes an open mind and a willingness to let every perspective inform your decisions. It takes strength and grace under fire to stand up for what you believe is best for the town. And finally, it takes vision to put plans in place that will accommodate future challenges while maintaining all that we love about Avon and our mountain lifestyle.
That is Jennie Fancher in a nutshell.
Please join me in casting your vote for Jennie for Avon Town Council.
Sarah Smith Hymes
Trending In: Opinion
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through President’s Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’