Vail Daily letter: Fancher for council
October 14, 2016
I am writing to voice my support for Jennie Fancher. Jennie is extremely passionate about Avon, making improvements that matter and heightening the sense of community. While there are people who are still complaining about the cost overrun on the stage, no one seems to be mentioning all of the projects that have occurred on or under budget. Avon looks fantastic.
As a mother of three children, I greatly appreciate the steps that have been made to make Avon more walkable and bikeable. We thoroughly enjoy biking to the park, SUPing on the lake and enjoying the variety of events. The free concerts have been great and we are looking forward to what the future holds in terms of variety in the park and on the mall.
I have been a homeowner in Avon for the past 20 years and have never been more proud to call Avon home. If you want to vote for someone who cares about the town and the community, then please vote to re-elect Jennie Fancher when you receive your ballot next week.
Trending In: Opinion
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- With record profits the past few years, why doesn’t Vail Health lower its prices? (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Worried about anthropogenic global warming? The super volcano will take care of that (letter)
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season