Vail Daily letter: For Carey, Renzelman
October 12, 2016
This is a very tough election. In some elections, the choices are not the greatest. I encourage all voters to look carefully at the experience and policies of all candidates, and not just "click down the ballot" without considering the individual candidates.
Please vote for our local candidates, such as Bruce Carey for DA. I recently saw firsthand the decision making of the Bruce Brown DA's office as a member of the jury pool for the double homicide trial that recently ended. It's very clear to me that Bruce Brown is only interested in conviction rate, not justice. Bruce Carey supports education, rehabilitation and restorative justice, a much more progressive model of justice.
Mari Renzelman will make an outstanding treasurer. She filled the position when Karen Schaeffer retired, and was appointed by three Democrat county commissioners. She's been working in that office for over 20 years. Experience counts.
Be an educated voter. It pays off.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Proposition 112, a family’s perspective (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 to add $11.6 million annually to Eagle County Schools (letter)
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships