Vail Daily letter: Great decision, Vail
February 7, 2017
Congratulations to the Vail Town Council for recently approving the Vail Marriott Residence Inn & Workforce Housing Project and for sending it to a second reading on Feb. 21. This was a courageous and well-considered decision that will have a meaningful impact on the town's housing crisis as well as bring additional affordable hotel rooms, public parking and other public benefits to the town of Vail.
What a wonderful example of a public-private solution to a host of town of Vail challenges! It's an exciting step forward, and I am personally looking forward to the project's final approval and ground breaking.
Owner, Vail Style, Covered Bridge Store, Vail T-shirt Company, Generation Vail
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Berlaimont Estates access route
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail