Vail Daily letter: Great decision, Vail
February 7, 2017
Congratulations to the Vail Town Council for recently approving the Vail Marriott Residence Inn & Workforce Housing Project and for sending it to a second reading on Feb. 21. This was a courageous and well-considered decision that will have a meaningful impact on the town's housing crisis as well as bring additional affordable hotel rooms, public parking and other public benefits to the town of Vail.
What a wonderful example of a public-private solution to a host of town of Vail challenges! It's an exciting step forward, and I am personally looking forward to the project's final approval and ground breaking.
Owner, Vail Style, Covered Bridge Store, Vail T-shirt Company, Generation Vail
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Vail Valley businesses need lots of seasonal help: there are 1,600 job openings