Vail Daily letter: Great new facility
November 30, 2016
Castle Peak Senior Care is a long-awaited, incredible resource for our community. Vail Valley Medical Center is honored our donation to Castle Peak's Capital Campaign was used to build a therapy room, and I hope it provides rehabilitation to many patients for years to come.
Many congratulations to our friends at Augustana, who developed the care community. Thanks to the vision of community members like Dr. Tom Steinberg and Dr. Jack Eck; the hard work of the Capital Campaign Committee, including Chair Merv Lapin; and to Eagle County's commissioners and housing specialists for making this possible.
Castle Peak allows our aging community members to continue to live and thrive here in Eagle County. Our seniors and their families can find comfort when in need of skilled nursing care, rehabilitation, assisted living or memory care. We are all aging, and it's nice to know we can do so with support right here in the mountains we love and call home.
President and CEO, Vail Valley Medical Center
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort