Vail Daily letter: Hatred of Republicans
December 19, 2016
Jack Van Ens has found an outlet in the Vail Daily to share his bitter hatred of all things Republican. He has consistently over the years declared that the Bible supports virtually all of his vitriolic attacks on Republicans. This is exactly the same sort of religious-based hatred that radical imams use to justify jihad. I suggest that America would be better off if our anti-discrimination laws included protection for political beliefs. Then at least the hatred of Republicans by Jack Van Ens would be tempered by public policy. In the meantime, Vail parents can use Jack Van Ens commentaries to help them understand the concept of hate speech.
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Ramirez: We are all human and fallible, but we can forgive others for their mistakes (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Our View: Eagle-Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin looks to be having fun while dominating ski racing
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract