Vail Daily letter: How stupid are we?
November 5, 2016
Oliver is a hairdresser in Dallas that was visiting my roommate two months ago. Oliver is from France, and most of his family is still in France. Oliver was telling me about how stupid the French people are to have allowed tens of thousands of refugees into their country because there are no jobs for them, and they are looting their stores, trashing their streets, and raping their women.
I said, "Oliver, if you think the French are stupid, look at how stupid we American are. We Americans see the devastation these refugees are creating in Europe, and now half of America is going to vote for a woman who wants to bring hundreds of thousands of these same refugees into our country. We don't have the jobs for them either, and we can only look forward to the same looting and raping of our women. On top of that, this woman wants to remove our right to protect ourselves. How stupid are we?"
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Let’s fund transit the right way: Vote ‘yes’ for Proposition 110 (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack