Vail Daily letter: How stupid are we?
November 5, 2016
Oliver is a hairdresser in Dallas that was visiting my roommate two months ago. Oliver is from France, and most of his family is still in France. Oliver was telling me about how stupid the French people are to have allowed tens of thousands of refugees into their country because there are no jobs for them, and they are looting their stores, trashing their streets, and raping their women.
I said, "Oliver, if you think the French are stupid, look at how stupid we American are. We Americans see the devastation these refugees are creating in Europe, and now half of America is going to vote for a woman who wants to bring hundreds of thousands of these same refugees into our country. We don't have the jobs for them either, and we can only look forward to the same looting and raping of our women. On top of that, this woman wants to remove our right to protect ourselves. How stupid are we?"
Trending In: Opinion
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85