Vail Daily letter: I am endorsing myself
November 3, 2016
If you are reading this letter you are probably aware that this paper endorsed my opponent by a "slight edge" because "Ryan's experience and her understanding of how county government works."
Her "understanding" has led to county budget deficits now and into the future. Do you remember the term OPM? Other people's money. In doing my due diligences about the commissioner position, the phrase "tax and spend" kept coming up. As this paper reported " finding almost $2 million per year from existing sources is unwise," referring to my opponent's spending efforts.
This paper claims my "naivete about government has led to often-simplistic potential answers."
Contrary to my opponent, who has "spent most of her professional life in the public sector," I have never had a government job, never had any kind of public assistance, don't live in affordable housing, and pay my own expenses.
I built and ran three multi-million organizations sometimes using simplistic and straight answers.
I have had many conversations with many people in our Eagle County government since I first decided I wanted to serve the people in an "official" capacity.
Recommended Stories For You
I have found most everyone to be knowledgeable, capable, competent, dedicated, and certainly willing to help guide me in "understanding how county government works" if I am elected.
I learned how to ski in Vail in 1964. I have either visited here, lived here, worked here or owned property here ever since. Eagle County has been very good to me all my life. I am running for this office because I want to give back to the community and the people that I love.
If you have already voted for me, I sincerely thank you. If you have already voted, but not for me, I really thank you for voting and if elected I will work just as hard for you.
If you haven't voted yet, I would be honored if you would vote for me.
I am endorsing myself because I know I can help solve the important issues and challenges we all face together in this beautiful place we call home.
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Head ski equipment company leading the way for lighter, performance-based boots