Vail Daily letter: I am endorsing myself
November 3, 2016
If you are reading this letter you are probably aware that this paper endorsed my opponent by a "slight edge" because "Ryan's experience and her understanding of how county government works."
Her "understanding" has led to county budget deficits now and into the future. Do you remember the term OPM? Other people's money. In doing my due diligences about the commissioner position, the phrase "tax and spend" kept coming up. As this paper reported " finding almost $2 million per year from existing sources is unwise," referring to my opponent's spending efforts.
This paper claims my "naivete about government has led to often-simplistic potential answers."
Contrary to my opponent, who has "spent most of her professional life in the public sector," I have never had a government job, never had any kind of public assistance, don't live in affordable housing, and pay my own expenses.
I built and ran three multi-million organizations sometimes using simplistic and straight answers.
I have had many conversations with many people in our Eagle County government since I first decided I wanted to serve the people in an "official" capacity.
Recommended Stories For You
I have found most everyone to be knowledgeable, capable, competent, dedicated, and certainly willing to help guide me in "understanding how county government works" if I am elected.
I learned how to ski in Vail in 1964. I have either visited here, lived here, worked here or owned property here ever since. Eagle County has been very good to me all my life. I am running for this office because I want to give back to the community and the people that I love.
If you have already voted for me, I sincerely thank you. If you have already voted, but not for me, I really thank you for voting and if elected I will work just as hard for you.
If you haven't voted yet, I would be honored if you would vote for me.
I am endorsing myself because I know I can help solve the important issues and challenges we all face together in this beautiful place we call home.
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort