Vail Daily letter: Mitsch Bush for state House
October 14, 2016
With this election cycle being so contentious and difficult, we are confronted with many difficult decisions about who to vote for. In my opinion, there is one race where that decision is very clear cut. I urge you all to support someone who is a champion and advocate for all of us, regardless of party affiliation, sex, creed, race or religion.
Her name is Diane Mitsch Bush and I am proud to call her a friend and mentor. Diane's sole purpose as our representative for House District 26 since she was first elected in 2012 has been to represent all of her constituents in Eagle and Routt counties. Far from being an easy job, Diane has performed her duties admirably, ethically and, most importantly, graciously. No one can ask for more from a representative.
When I began contemplating running for Congress, Diane invited me down to visit with her during a legislative session in Denver. What I witnessed was a hardworking, tenacious legislator who was well respected by members of both parties.
I heard time and again while I was campaigning, "Steve, we need elected officials who focus on the issues with a positive, can-do attitude. We are tired of hearing about how everything is broken." This so accurately describes our current representative Diane Mitsch Bush.
Diane follows principles I myself strongly advocate, among them: Further yourself on your own merits and without disparaging others. In politics today, this alone merits our support. You will not hear Diane complain about the system or her opponents. Instead, she campaigns on her voting record and her exceptional work in our state Legislature.
Whether fighting for transportation issues on I-70, educational and economic opportunities for all Coloradoans, or to protect our environment, Diane has all of our backs. I urge you to support her. I wholeheartedly do.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Vail Valley businesses need lots of seasonal help: there are 1,600 job openings