Vail Daily letter: Mitsch Bush for state House
November 4, 2016
As a citizen, mother, community member, and fan of public education, I urge to you reelect our current state representative, Diane Mitsch Bush. Her track record, experience and follow-through for kids and schools speaks for itself.
Representative Mitsch Bush actively reaches out to school districts, teachers, her colleagues at the Capitol, our county commissioners, and community leaders to directly address the issues we have funding public education. I have experienced her work firsthand. This past legislative session she passed the Debt Free Schools Act, which gives school districts an additional tool to raise funds for desperately needed building projects. Before that, she passed the Safe Routes to School bill, which provided funding for better sidewalks, bike paths and lighting around schools, ensuring kids get to school safely. Diane understands the nuances and unique challenges that come with rural mountain schools, and her voting record backs that up.
Additionally, her opponent is scary. As a volunteer for the "yes" campaign for 3A and 3B, I attended town council meetings where Diane's opponent spoke vehemently against the proposals to improve funding for Eagle County's public schools — without any regard for the educational experience of our kids — or solution-focused statements. It was strange; he didn't talk about his campaign, express why he should be elected as our state representative, or ask for votes, just against properly funding schools.
For fair, thoughtful, and follow-through representation, Rep. Diane Mitsch Bush is not just the best choice to be our state representative; she is the only choice. Join me in voting "yes" for Diane Mitsch Bush.
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday