Vail Daily letter: More specifics needed
October 25, 2016
What will I get for my money? If a hardworking (very brave) roofer replaces the old roof atop my dwelling and it leaks six months later, I have legal recourse. If, once more, I open my wallet and shell out bucks to fund the updated, same old language, list of Eagle County School District improvements and needs, am I not entitled to test scores that do not disappoint? Will I receive a promise of significant improvement in math, science and reading comprehension scores? Would my dime at least warrant a guarantee that all high school graduates can read, comprehend and spell the word "insolvency"?
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: The meek have already inherited the earth (column)
- Time for U.S. Forest Service officials to say ‘no’ to Berlaimont Estates road project (letter)
- Connect for Health Colorado: Optimism surrounds sixth-annual open enrollment (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Column calling bus riders ‘peasants’ was appalling and disgraceful (letter)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019