Vail Daily letter: No more wilderness
February 3, 2017
I do not in any way support any more wilderness designations.
Our county has more than enough protected open space and this (the Continental Divide Wilderness and Recreation Act) would only further restrict access and harm tourism and the economy.
How this "enhances recreation" I can't see. This adds more government and expense that is totally unnecessary.
Trending In: Opinion
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Diane Mitsch Bush most qualified to represent 3rd Congressional District (letter)
- Maybe it’s time to wipe the slate clean in Avon on Election Day (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon