Vail Daily letter: No respect
November 3, 2016
What a disappointing commentary presented by the chair of the Eagle County Democratic Party. There wasn't an ounce of respect for the opposing party in her commentary column. It is apparent to me why Republican signage is being destroyed if this is the attitude of the head of the Democrats in our county.
Where is the respect or gratitude from Jane Lowery for our local and state candidates for their commitment and dedication to our form of democracy? She is wrong in disparaging opposing candidates the way she did in her column. I say "kudos" to our local and state candidates for putting themselves out there no matter what their party.
Unlike her counterpart, Kaye Ferry, chair of the Eagle County Republicans, who used a negative event to teach a local young man about free speech and democracy in our great country, Ms Lowery teaches her constituents to attack reputations.
Yes, we all do not agree how to move forward with issues affecting our futures in this county, state and nation, but locally we have an opportunity to work together with respect. It is an especially important model of behavior for our youth.
Ms Lowery, I think it would be an appropriate gesture for you to apologize.
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Head ski equipment company leading the way for lighter, performance-based boots