Vail Daily letter: No ‘wait and see’
November 25, 2016
In response to Butch Mazzuca's "The Sky Isn't Falling" (Monday's Vail Daily) let me say this.
We don't need to take a "wait and see approach" to President Trump. Here are a few examples why.
The people Trump has surrounded himself with tell us what we need to know.
Chief Strategist Steve Bannon and Michael Flynn are known Alt-Right xenophobes, believing America belongs to white people of European descent to the exclusion of others.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is famous for his civil right denials.
Myhren Ebell, new head of the EPA, is a climate change denier. The EPA name should be changed from "the Environmental Protection Agency" to "the Environmental Destruction Agency."
Recommended Stories For You
I'm sure some of your readers can come up with other examples. Historically, one is Hitler, who also started out this way in Germany, fanning the flames of discontent and hate, promising a better life for those who followed him, and then simply proceeding to exterminate others he thought were inferior or dangerous.
Roger Cotton Brown
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Carnes: ’Tis the season for faux outrage at songs, TV and other holiday classics (column)
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Vail Valley businesses need lots of seasonal help: there are 1,600 job openings