Vail Daily letter: No ‘wait and see’
November 25, 2016
In response to Butch Mazzuca's "The Sky Isn't Falling" (Monday's Vail Daily) let me say this.
We don't need to take a "wait and see approach" to President Trump. Here are a few examples why.
The people Trump has surrounded himself with tell us what we need to know.
Chief Strategist Steve Bannon and Michael Flynn are known Alt-Right xenophobes, believing America belongs to white people of European descent to the exclusion of others.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is famous for his civil right denials.
Myhren Ebell, new head of the EPA, is a climate change denier. The EPA name should be changed from "the Environmental Protection Agency" to "the Environmental Destruction Agency."
Recommended Stories For You
I'm sure some of your readers can come up with other examples. Historically, one is Hitler, who also started out this way in Germany, fanning the flames of discontent and hate, promising a better life for those who followed him, and then simply proceeding to exterminate others he thought were inferior or dangerous.
Roger Cotton Brown
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Berlaimont Estates access route (letter)
- Backcountry Hunters & Anglers encourage sportsmen to vote public lands and waters (column)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect