Vail Daily letter: Not very gracious
January 19, 2017
(Wednesday's) Vail Daily front page features the announcement of Vail native Mike Johnston's run to be governor — Colorado's top elected official. He has the skills, experience and judgment to be successful — and he deserves our community's respect and pride.
In the same issue, the Vail Daily's editorial disses the timing of his announcement with a sour "Good grief" headline. Applauding Sen. Johnston's roots and honoring his wish to serve would have been a kinder and more civic-minded response.
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife