Vail Daily letter: Not very gracious
January 19, 2017
(Wednesday's) Vail Daily front page features the announcement of Vail native Mike Johnston's run to be governor — Colorado's top elected official. He has the skills, experience and judgment to be successful — and he deserves our community's respect and pride.
In the same issue, the Vail Daily's editorial disses the timing of his announcement with a sour "Good grief" headline. Applauding Sen. Johnston's roots and honoring his wish to serve would have been a kinder and more civic-minded response.
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on 7D to support Colorado Mountain College, a diamond in our community (letter)
- Proposition 112, a family’s perspective (letter)
- Vote ‘yes’ on Amendment 73 to add $11.6 million annually to Eagle County Schools (letter)
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships