Vail Daily letter: Our own Nero
February 22, 2017
Our president cannot seem to stop the leaks that undermine his faux facts, and his credibility. He is losing the fight to prevent the dam bursting.
In Northern California thousands of hardworking Americans have been working 24/7 to keep a real dam from failing and threatening 200,000-plus Americans and their homes. Their president appears unconcerned about all that; instead he is spending all his time watching the network coverage of his leaky White House, tweeting into the small hours, going to rallies to celebrate his triumph of last year and playing golf. Like Nero, the president is "fiddling while Rome burns," madly attempting to plug the unpluggable holes in his own imaginary dam against all those who are out to get him. All rather sad and rather concerning.
Nicholas T. Fickling
Trending In: Opinion
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- Thanks to community, first responders for help following Eagle Ranch house fire (letter)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move