Vail Daily letter: Our own Nero
February 22, 2017
Our president cannot seem to stop the leaks that undermine his faux facts, and his credibility. He is losing the fight to prevent the dam bursting.
In Northern California thousands of hardworking Americans have been working 24/7 to keep a real dam from failing and threatening 200,000-plus Americans and their homes. Their president appears unconcerned about all that; instead he is spending all his time watching the network coverage of his leaky White House, tweeting into the small hours, going to rallies to celebrate his triumph of last year and playing golf. Like Nero, the president is "fiddling while Rome burns," madly attempting to plug the unpluggable holes in his own imaginary dam against all those who are out to get him. All rather sad and rather concerning.
Nicholas T. Fickling
Trending In: Opinion
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Carnes: All days should be like this; sometimes it is fun to just hang out around here (column)
- Wissot: Dull decency never looked more presidential than now (column)
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip