Vail Daily letter: Pave paradise?
October 25, 2016
Dear mountain bikers, dog walkers, runners, hikers, horse people, dirt bikers, four-wheelers, snowmobilers, cross-country skiers, and those of Eagle County who love close access to the backcountry:
Are you ready to give this up? The Berlaimont Estates project proposes to pave a five-mile access road over the current Berry Creek Forest Service road. Our Forest Service is required to allow them reasonable access. This may be a done deal; however, strong public opposition may prevent this.
We urge you to submit your input to the Forest Service by Nov. 7 (day before Election Day!);
Written, facsimile, hand-delivered, and electronic comments will be accepted. Comments should be submitted to: Mr. Scott Fitzwilliams, forest supervisor, c/o Matt Klein, realty specialist, White River National Forest, PO Box 190, Minturn, CO 81645; fax 970-827-9343; or e-mail to email@example.com (please include "Berlaimont Estate access route EIS" in the subject line). Comments may also be submitted online at https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/Public//CommentInput?Project=50041.
Long live dirt and open space!
Mark and Margie Stephens
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- $5 million for a pile of wood? Avon has better things to spend money on (letter)
- Vote ‘no’ on Prop. 109 and ‘yes’ on Prop. 110 to fund transportation in Colorado (letter)
- Democrats should communicate values, rather than just bashing Trump (letter)
- Let’s fund transit the right way: Vote ‘yes’ for Proposition 110 (letter)
- Wissot: Don’t let politics play such an overwhelmingly negative role in your life (column)
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard