Vail Daily letter: Pot calling kettle black in county Dems letter
August 12, 2017
I must respond to the letter from the Eagle County Democratic Party in the Thursday, Aug. 10, issue of the Vail Daily ("Gardner's health care vote dismaying").
Referring to the GOP's efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare, the Eagle County Democratic Party writes, "Reform will not happen by engaging in a politically craven process."
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
The payoffs, dubious promises and contortions of the national Democratic Party in passing Obamacare on a purely party-line basis is the ultimate example of "a politically craven process" that one could possibly imagine.
And health care in Colorado and the rest of the country is the worse for it.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Noble: We are a country of immigrants, so why are we afraid to embrace Spanish speakers? (column)
- Our View: The Vail Daily endorses some candidates, some ballot issues. Here’s why (editorial)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- Carnes: Kanye West, Taylor Swift and the consequences for apathetic entertainment (column)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints