Vail Daily letter: Renzelman for treasurer
October 21, 2016
It is with pleasure that I write a letter of support for Mari Renzelman for the Office of County Treasurer.
Mari has been chief deputy treasurer for 10 years and has been our county treasurer since January, when she was appointed to replace Karen Sheaffer when she retired.
Mari Renzelman is responsible for billing, collecting and distributing an almost $200 million tax roll. She and her staff provide excellent customer service. The treasurer must collect taxes and invest your Eagle County tax dollars to receive the best investment returns possible and also take care of banking services for the county. When handling all Eagle County funds, it is important to have someone responsible to take care of tax dollars.
In Colorado, the treasurer can also be the public trustee, which adds to the responsibility of the office.
Mari has been a big part of national organizations; for the past three years she has been treasurer of IACREOT. As well, she has served on committees locally and state levels for many years.
The Treasurer's Office has always been financially responsible, balancing the days' receipts to the penny. It is very important that the next person elected as our treasurer continue this important policy. There is no place for discrepancies in our Treasurer's Office.
Recommended Stories For You
Mari Renzelman has served the county well as our treasurer and it is important to have Mari continue as our Eagle County treasurer. Please vote for Mari Renzelman.
Former Eagle County commissioner and Eagle County clerk
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- The persona of PSRA champion ski racer Lonny Vanatta, captured in photos (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail