Vail Daily letter: Ryan for commissioner
November 4, 2016
County Commissioner Jill Ryan has accomplished a great deal for this community during the past four years. She and her fellow commissioners made sure that the recently opened Castle Peak Senior Care community center could become a reality. They are taking affordable housing to the next level by going as far as they can with current resources (ready to break ground on 20 new units this spring), and placing an affordable housing sales tax on the ballot for voters. Under Jill's watch, the county has protected 2,383 acres of open space for recreation, conservation and local food production, ensuring that our natural resources and the beauty that surrounds us are available for many generations to come. Furthermore, Jill has consistently made local families a top priority, advocating on behalf of children, working parents and longtime locals. The availability of affordable childcare for lower-income working families has been expanded, and a county/school district road map was completed to provide all parents with reasonable and affordable options for childcare and early learning.
In four years, Jill has provided results. Please join us this election in supporting incumbent Jill Ryan!
Katie and Mike Santambrogio
Trending In: Opinion
- Carnes: A bigly appropriate Christmas poem (column)
- Lien: Tell Sen. Cory Gardner to support Land and Water Conservation Fund (column)
- Birds of Prey showed our valley shining in the global spotlight; thanks for your contribution (letter)
- Insert yourself into the cogs of democracy (letter)
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife