Vail Daily letter: Ryan for commissioner
November 4, 2016
County Commissioner Jill Ryan has accomplished a great deal for this community during the past four years. She and her fellow commissioners made sure that the recently opened Castle Peak Senior Care community center could become a reality. They are taking affordable housing to the next level by going as far as they can with current resources (ready to break ground on 20 new units this spring), and placing an affordable housing sales tax on the ballot for voters. Under Jill's watch, the county has protected 2,383 acres of open space for recreation, conservation and local food production, ensuring that our natural resources and the beauty that surrounds us are available for many generations to come. Furthermore, Jill has consistently made local families a top priority, advocating on behalf of children, working parents and longtime locals. The availability of affordable childcare for lower-income working families has been expanded, and a county/school district road map was completed to provide all parents with reasonable and affordable options for childcare and early learning.
In four years, Jill has provided results. Please join us this election in supporting incumbent Jill Ryan!
Katie and Mike Santambrogio
Trending In: Opinion
- Mazzuca: Why was planting of American flag omitted from ‘First Man’ film? (column)
- Norton: The smartest person in the room is rarely the one doing the most talking (column)
- The Sandoval family thanks you for your support during their loss (letter)
- Matney: Are depictions of murder, bloodshed, violence and death the best way to have fun? (column)
- The persona of PSRA champion ski racer Lonny Vanatta, captured in photos (letter)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job